The Alzheimer’s Association has a tool designed to help with early detection of Alzheimer’s. The PDF is a bit problematic for viewing and printing purposes (at least on my PC), but it is worth spending a little time to capture it. Hopefully, the Association will fix what seems to me to be a bug.
The” 10 Signs” get some good elaboration in the tool, but the headings are worth replicating here —
- Memory changes that disrupt daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality
The tool contrasts “Typical age-related changes” with examples in each area for someone who is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s.
Best wishes. Bert